Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Mothers Day Resolution.....

So I'm making a resolve today on Mothers Day to let go. Let go of expecting my kids to keep their rooms clean and clothes picked up.

It is going to be soooo hard for me. But I feel like that's all they will remember me for is harping on them to pick up and clean their rooms. If they want to live in filth and wear dirty smelly wrinkly clothes because they can't figure out after 8-10 years of training where they go when you take them off, then so be it. If they don't want to be able to find anything oh well. I have taught them correctly and I am tired of just talking to myself and being a broken record. Thats why they make doors right?

I think it will make me a happier mom to be around and maybe, just maybe they will realize all on their own that I was right.

I can do this right????




Update.... Well I just had one slip up... They were complaining that they were bored so I suggested that since it was Mothers day that they pretend they were moms and do what moms do... They asked what and I said well moms have to clean the house and since your rooms are your house....They both replied NO! That wouldn't be fun at all! LOL, it was worth a try. I have closed the doors 4 times today as I walk by.

No comments:

Post a Comment