Thursday, June 27, 2013

Recap of the week. :)

I think this is has been the first week all summer that we haven't had some place to go, or have something huge happen to take us away from home, or any real plans.  And I think it's the only week left in the summer without plans as well. You would think that would make it easier for me to blog, but I tell you what, without a routine and stress, I don't get anything accomplished.  I just take a vacation from everything.

But we have had a little fun each day anyway.  Mostly catch up on housework, and being lazy in front of the TV.  But it's still been fun.

Princess E went to Florida with her Aunts, I don't have any pictures from that, but she had a fantastic time getting spoiled for her 10 year old one on one trip.  While she was gone we told princess M that it was her weekend to do whatever she wanted.  The things we usually say no to.  Friday she and I went to chick-fil-a for an Origami Owl meeting and she met some new friends.  She spent the afternoon playing mine craft to her little hearts content and that night we had tuna on toast and then watched a Monster in Paris, followed by some more mine craft.  Saturday we slept in and more mine craft.  Lazy afternoon and then Olive Garden for Noodles with tortellini sauce (alfredo) and then finished the night with Monsters University.  Such a cute movie.

 Tuesday night we had dinner with a few friends and a family who has been investigating the church.  Great food!  Great company! and great fun had by all the kids with the giant slip n slide and talent show.


It was quite the talent show.  Totally impromptu.
 Wednesday they learned how much fun it is to put the sprinkler on the trampoline.  One of them liked it a whole lot more than the other.
 Thursday we decided to give dad's car some much needed TLC and play in the water a little bit.  We need to do this way more often.  I think the girls LOVED it.  They did a great job as well.
I decided to finally bind a few baby quilts I have had on the shelf.  Since we have new cousins popping out left and right this week.  It's been months since I have pulled out the sewing machine and it felt great.  Already thinking of my next quilt.  I'm thinking another Christmas one to give away.  Hmmm, who's name do we have this year?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment