Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm a big girl now

 
So we have a toy room in our basement, well we used to.  I got a bee in my bonnet and decided that it had been a few months since the girls had actually played down there so I was going to move all of my craft/sewing stuff out of the spare bedroom and make use of the larger space.  
 (more on that later) 
 
Well along with that we decided that it was time that the girls had their own rooms.  They have always shared.  Mostly due to the fact that Princess M is a fraidy cat.  But she surprised us when we told her.  She was SO excited that she was going to get a couch in her room. (there is a futon for the bottom bunk) 
 
Well tonight we had cleaned out the spare enough for princess E to sleep in there.  We said prayers and they went to their own space.  I went in individually to each of their rooms to give them a kiss.  Princess E said, "I'm a little bit afraid of sleeping by myself even though I am SO excited and have been planning it out for days!"   I bent down and gave her a kiss and said  "it's going to be fine.  You are going to love it!"
 
I then went into see princess M who had been talking to herself the whole time.  As I entered she very enthusiastically said "I'm going to LOVE this.  I can read out loud and no one can get mad at me!  I can do whatever I want because this is my very own room!"
 
Wow, it was quite the change of events.  Princess M is usually the one begging to not be alone.  Hopefully she stays optimistic.  Princess E turns 10 in a few weeks and really deserves to have her own space.  I love these 2 little ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment